If you are considering undertaking further study in mental health, congratulations in taking in your first step. Applying for postgraduate study at HETI is simple and our friendly staff are here to help if you need assistance. You can contact support staff at any point throughout the process.
1. Complete Your Admission Application
If you are a new student to HETI Higher Education, you will need to complete an Admission Application Form.
The Admission Application Form should only need to be completed in your first enrolment. It includes your personal and professional information and will be used to determine your eligibility. Depending on your course, you will need to meet the stated entry requirements and provide various supporting documentation including certified copies as specified in the Admission Application Form. ‘Certified Copies’ are copies of important documents which need to be certified as true copies of the original documents by a person authorised to do so. Guidelines on who can certify documents are specified in this document.
If you are not sure about what course you should be enrolling in or you would like to discuss your enrolment or entry requirements, we encourage you to complete the Course Enquiry Form below, or contact us.
2. Complete Your Unit Enrolment
As part of your application, you will also need to submit a Unit Enrolment Form to specify your unit selection/s for the year.
You will need to indicate your preferred method of payment on the Unit Enrolment Form and acknowledge your agreement with the Student Fee Policy.
Unit Enrolment Forms for Psychiatric Medicine (PM) and Applied Mental Health Studies (AMHS) can be downloaded at the links below.
Once your application is submitted we will acknowledge receipt. If further information is required to support your application, we will make contact as soon as possible.
3. Accepting Your Offer
- Once all criteria has been met and we can confirm eligibility, you will be sent a Letter of Offer. This will include:
- Name of course - note that all first year students will be enrolled in the Graduate Certificate
- Enrolled units for the current semester
- Semester dates
- Unit Coordinator and Education Support Officer names and contact details
- Payment information such as fee schedule and payment options
- Acceptance section for you to sign and return to register your acceptance of enrolment
In order to accept the offer of a placement in the course, you must sign and return the Acceptance section on the Letter of Offer. Once returned, your position in the course will be confirmed and you will be enrolled in the course.